Monday 22 May 2017

Getting to know ...

Each month one of our team will either introduce themselves and their lovely work to you with a few questions and answers or alternatively inspire you with a little tutorial, tip or trick to help you in your creative pursuits.


This month we introduce  ...

Canada


Hi everyone!

My name is Valerie Ouellet. I take care of my three little monsters almost full-time while running my business at home­.

 
How long have you been scrapbooking and what first got you started?

I've been doing this for about 9 years. I started while I was pregnant of my first son. Since then, I never stopped to progress. I cherish every moment I'm doing scrapbooking since it's not always easy with 3 kids. I'm actually DT for 49 and Market, Cuts2luv, Dusty Attic and More than words.

I've always been an artist. Before scrapbooking, I was painting and drawing a lot. I'm drawing a lot more now and I leveled up my skills to design flairs for the Cuts2luv company.I have created 3 stamp sets for 49andMarket and a lot of flairs for Cuts2luv.


 How would you describe your personal scrapbooking style?

When I think about my style, I can't tell it's specific to something. I'm always trying new ideas, getting out of my comfort zone. I must admit that I like clustering, I like whites and clean areas. I love to switch between lots and few details on my pages, as long as I have an watercolor background.



What crafting tool can’t you live without? 

Clear gesso is a must, along with my archival quality pens and Lindy's sprays.


If you could only add only one embellishment to your page what would it be? 

Cuts2luv flairs!!  When it's time for an embellishment, it's the first thing I pick up. I'm kind of wondering what I was using before I found these flairs.



Are you drawn to a particular brand you like to work with?

 I prefer heavy papers. 49andMarket makes them perfect for me. I also love Lindy's stamp gang products . I love to make watercolor backgrounds with these sprays!
 I wish I could be part of their DT some day.


 See you soon!

You can follow me here :

leblogdevall04.blogspot.ca
https://www.instagram.com/valerieouellet_scrapbooking/
https://www.facebook.com/valerie.ouellet.710

You still have time until the end of the month to upload your take on our DEEP BLACK challenge.

All details are on the blog sidebar. We'd love to see what you can do with our wonderful colour this month.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great fan of your creations!! Love you my friend!! 💖💖💖

Caroline Elliam said...

Hi gorgeous! Love you my friend! You are my rockstar!

Jessica T said...

Your layouts are stunning!